Wherever you are this year to watch the National Championship you can feel like you are there at the game with these Miami inspired cocktails! From Miami Beach to Key West we have the scoop on all the best rum cocktails to celebrate your team.
Miami is home to some of the best rum cocktails around – and the city’s sensational rum drinks are creations inspired by the sweet spirit’s diversity – silver, spiced, dark, aged or over-proofed.
White or silver rum is great in a mixed cocktail, such as in tropical drink favorites – Daiquiri, Pina Colada and Mojito.
For a spirit-forward cocktail, a barrel-aged dark or gold rum can stand-in for any traditional whiskey-based cocktail—such as an Old Fashioned or Manhattan.
- 60 ml – ¼ cup rum
- 60 ml – ¼ cup vodka
- 60 ml – ¼ cup tequila
- 475 ml – 2 cups coconut cream
- 235 ml – 1 cup coconut water
- Juice of 3 limes
- Ice cubes as needed
- Lime slices to serve
- Put all the ingredients, except for the ice and lime slices, in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Fill your glasses half way through with ice.
- Pour the Coco Loco into the prepared glasses.
- Garnish with a lime slice and serve immediately.
If you like your drinks to be sweet, you can add 1.5 tsp of caster sugar per glass.
- 1 oz of Light Rum
- 1/2 oz of white creme de cacao (or chocolate liqueur)
- 1/2 oz of banana liqueur
- 1 oz of cream
- 1 slice of banana
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Blend ingredients in a bar blender at low speed until smooth.
- Pour into a snifter and garnish with a sprinkle of nutmeg and a slice of banana.
- 2 ounces light rum (also called white rum), or rhum agricole
- 2 ounces dark rum, or Jamaican rum
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce orange curaçao (like Grand Marnier) or, if you prefer, a triple sec (like Cointreau)
- 1 ounce orgeat syrup
- ½ ounce simple syrup
- Fresh mint and/or lime for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker about halfway with crushed ice.
- Add the rum, lime juice, orange liqueur, orgeat, and simple syrup.
- Cover, and shake well, about 30 seconds.
- Pour equally into two old-fashioned glasses; top with more crushed ice as needed.
- Garnish with mint springs and lime, and serve.
RUM Y AGUA DE COCO
- 1⁄4 cup white rum
- 2 teaspoons sugar syrup
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 cups coconut water, fresh
- 1 cup ice, crushed
- 8 ounces soda water
- 4 orange slices, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except soda water and orange slices in cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and pour into 4 cocktail glasses.
- Top off with soda water and garnish with orange slices.
- 2 ounces rum, divided
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped with stems removed
- 1 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounces cream of coconut
- 2 ounces pineapple juice
- Garnish: pineapple slice
- In a blender, add 1 oz rum, the strawberries, the lime juice, the simple syrup and 1 cup crushed ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a hurricane glass and set in the freezer.
- Wash and dry the blender thoroughly.
- In the clean blender, add the remaining 1 oz rum, the cream of coconut, the pineapple juice and 1 cup crushed ice and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the hurricane glass that already contains the Strawberry Daiquiri, creating a layered effect.
- Garnish with a pineapple slice.
- 1 ounce light rum
- 1 ounce dark rum (or aged rum)
- 1/2 ounce blackberry liqueur (or blackberry brandy)
- 1 ounce orange juice
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- 1 splash grenadine
- 1 ounce banana liqueur
- Garnish: variety of fresh fruit
- Gather the ingredients.
- Add all of the ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a hurricane glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with fruit and enjoy.
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- ½ lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons white sugar, or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 ½ fluid ounces white rum
- ½ cup club soda
- Place mint leaves and 1 lime wedge into a sturdy glass.
- Use a muddler to crush the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar, and muddle again to release the lime juice.
- Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice, and fill the glass with carbonated water.
- Stir, taste, and add more sugar if desired.
- Garnish with the remaining lime wedge.
- 2 ounces light rum
- 1 ounce plus one teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- In cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
- Shake vigorously, then strain into cocktail glass.
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 3 ounces coconut cream coco real cream of coconut
- 1 1/2 ounces light rum
- 1-2 cups crushed ice
- Mix all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass and serve garnished with pineapple slice and cherry.
Dark and Stormy
- 2 oz. dark rum
- 3 oz. ginger beer
- 1/2 oz. lime juice (optional)
- Fill a tall glass with ice cubes. Add rum.
- Pour in ginger beer and lime juice.
- Stir with a barspoon.
- Garnish with a lime wedge. Enjoy.