Every February 9th, Americans celebrate National Pizza day. This year I celebrated it by going to Slice and it was the perfect spot to satisfy my craving. See why we love it and the other restaurants our readers voted to have the best pies in our Annual Readers Poll.
From their fresh, locally grown ingredients to their modern aesthetic, Slice is the whole package. Customers can choose from ordering single slices or full pizzas, with either choice leaving them satisfied and eager to come back for more.
I went to the Lakeview location, which had a cozy interior design as well as an adorable outdoor patio. I had trouble deciding between the Margherita and the Super Cheese pizza. I ended up ordering the Super Cheese and could not have been happier. The pizza was so fresh and cheesy, it was some of the best pizza I've ever had! I had to bring some home for my family to try.
Whether you're looking for a quick lunch, a family meal together, or drinks with friends, Slice's two Birmingham locations are the place to go.
- Lakeview: 725 29th St S Birmingham, AL 35233 | Phone
- Vestavia: 3104 Timberlake Drive Vestavia Hills, AL 35243 | Phone
- Sun 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Mon 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Tues 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Wed 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Thur 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Fri 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Sat 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Check out these other pizza places our readers voted Best Pizza 2020!
Davenport's was the second pizza place ever opened in the South and has been a Mountain Brook Village institution for over 50 years, Davenport's offers a casual family atmosphere with nostalgic movie pictures and vintage video games. They make the dough and sauce from scratch for a fresh, one-of-a-kind taste. You'll love the food and the unique dining experience!
Location: 2837 Cahaba Road • Mountain Brook, AL • 35223
- Monday - Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Friday - Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- **Sunday through Thursday: They stop seating in the dining room at 9:30 p.m.
--Last to-go order taken at 9:45 p.m.
- **Friday and Saturday: They stop seating in the dining room at 10:30 p.m.
--Last to-go order taken at 10:45 p.m.
With hand-tossed pizzas cooked to perfection in wood-fired brick ovens, this famous pizza place is sure to please your taste buds. In 2020, they were mentioned on Restaurant Guru and USA Today. Buzzfeed even said it's one of the best pizza places in the state! If that doesn't motivate you to try Post Office Pies, then I don't know what will!
- Avondale: 209 41ST STREET SOUTH BIRMINGHAM, AL 35242 | Phone
- Mountain Brook: 270 RELE ST. MOUNTAIN BROOK, AL 35223 | Phone
- 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Fri. - Sat.
- 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Sun. - Wed.
- 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Thurs.
Get that New York-style, hand-made, real Italian pizza at Pizzeria GM, the sister restaurant of Edgewood's beloved Gianmarco's. The Homewood pie masters, who grew up working in their dad's iconic Bronx pizzeria Rocco's, combined their love of pizza and graffiti from their childhoods to give you that old school, 70s Bronx, rough and gritty, full-of-life pizza experience!
Location: 600 Oak Grove Rd Homewood, AL 35209
- LUNCH: Mon-Fri: 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- DINNER: Mon-Thur: 5:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- DINNER: Fri: 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- ALL DAY: Sat: 11:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Sun: Closed
Good pizzas. Good times. If you want a relaxed, fun, Elvis-filled, no rules feel, Dave's is the place for you! It's a "family business with a great passion for pizza, good beer, and music but mostly for their loyal and crazy local community". Not to mention they have live music every single night!
Location: 1819 29th Ave S Homewood, AL 35209
- Monday - Saturday 11 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Sunday 3 p.m. - 10 p.m.