Focused and Fabulous 2023

Maranathan Academy, a nonprofit (501c-3), alternative, all scholarship school (gr. 6-12) committed to educating and changing the lives of critically at-risk youth and adult students in Birmingham and surrounding communities hosted its 2023 Focused and Fabulous event on May 18th at The Fennec. Focused and Fabulous is a scholarship luncheon and fashion show benefitting Maranathan Academy.

The event honored an icon of southern hospitality, Mrs. Arrelia Callins, a much beloved figure in the Mountain Brook and Crestline community. Mrs. Arrelia, as she is affectionately called, has been a cashier at the Crestline Piggly Wiggly for more than forty years. The event featured fashions by Chloe Kristen, Dillard's, White House Black Market and ISHI.

Since 1991, Maranathan Academy has met its primary goal, “to break the cycle of government dependency, that has plagued the families of critically at-risk youth for generations”. With a graduation rate of 85%, in which 53% of graduates attend college, and the remaining 47% enter trade school or the United States military, Maranathan Academy takes pride in assisting our graduates to become productive, contributing members of society.