It's fall, y'all which means it's time for comfy sweaters, hot chocolate, sitting by the fire, and don't forget decorating! If you're still in the need of a pumpkin, want to take part in fun activities, or just want to hang out and take cute pictures, don't worry! We picked out seven perfect pumpkin patches in and around Birmingham!
The Great Pumpkin Patch
It's The Great Pumpkin Patch, Charlie Brown! Located in Hayden, Alabama, just a quick 45 minute drive, the newly renovated and updated Great Pumpkin Patch is perfect for the young and the young at heart! Some of the events and festivities include:
- Inflatable park with a Great Jumpin' Pumpkin, Super Slide, and a Bungee Run to challenge friends and family in a fun competition of strength and skill
- The Great Pumpkin Patch Train to ride around the pumpkin patch and take amazing photos to treasure forever
- New and ready wagons to ride out into the pumpkin patch to pick your own to take home
- Hay Pyramid for the kiddos built for climbing and jumping onto a soft bed of hay
- A petting zoo for the young and old to see and pet different farm animals safely
- Live entertainment, a Halloween Costume Contest, AND pony rides!
Plus, you can always grab a bite to eat at the entrance and check out fall-themed decorations at The Big Red Barn and The Country Store!
Location: 288 Hwy 45 Hayden, AL 35079
Hours: Friday-Saturday 8AM-6PM | Sunday 1-6PM.
Fee: Admission is FREE — just pay for each event.
You'll have a Pumpkin Pickin' Good Time at THE PATCH! Just a short 30 minute drive, Helena Hollow offers Birmingham metro 10 acres of outdoor entertainment for the whole family! They are open every Saturday & Sunday during October from 10-6! Some of the fun included in the $10 admission fee are:
- Climbing wall
- Obstacle course
- Sand pit
- Petting zoo
- Zip swing
- Trike track
- Hay run
- And more!
Plus, included in the admission is a wooded hayride to the pumpkin patch, where pumpkins can be picked and paid for $2 each!
Location: 6027 Hwy 17, Helena, AL 35080
Hours: Saturday through Sunday, 10AM to 6PM
Fee: $10 per person (under age 2 is free) & $2 pumpkins
Welcome to the 4D FARM! Located an hour north of Birmingham, 4D FARM is the go-to for all things fall, fun, and festive! This family-owned farm in Cullman, AL enjoys opening their farm to anyone and everyone with activities and fun for days including:
- Corn maze
- Zip line
- Duck races
- Cow train
- Pig races
- Tire mountain
- Chicken show
- Rat rollers
- Gemstone mine
- AND MORE!
Definitely worth the hour drive for a day full of fun and fall festivities!
Location: 7182 County Rd 703, Cullman, AL 35055
- October Hours: Sunday, Wednesday & Thursday, 1PM to 7PM; Friday & Saturday, 10AM to 8PM Oct. 30th and 31st, 10AM to 10PM
- November Hours: Sunday, Nov. 1, 1PM to 6PM; Saturday, Nov. 7, 10AM to 6PM
- Weekday Pass: Online ($9.95) Gate ($11.95) - [one day pass good for any Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday. Weekday pass not used on Saturday or Sunday]
- Weekend Pass: Online ($12.95) Gate ($14.95) - [one day pass good for any public day the farm is open]
- Season Pass: Online ($29.95) Gate ($34.95) - [punch care for all children with a season pass on their first visit ($7 value) and passes are non-transferable (one pass per person but 2 and under are free)]
- *price includes general admission
- *some activities have additional charge
- *prices not include 9% tax fee
- *2 and under free
Griffin Farms Pumpkin Patch
Originally started in 1961 as a dairy farm with the amazing name of The Lazy "G", Griffin Farms Pumpkin Patch was reinvented in 2013 and became what is seen today. Every year the farm continues to grow and add new fun attractions! Just a quick 45 minute drive south Birmingham away from the city life, Griffin Farms promises fun and festivities for the whole family including:
- Hamster wheels
- Bouncy barn
- Hay mountain
- Barrel train
- Charlotte's web
- Tractor play
- Bison encounter
- AND MORE!
Plus, good food and free parking! *However, make sure to bring cash for the vendors once inside the farm.
Location: 826 Griffin Rd, West Blocton, AL 35184
Hours: Saturday 10AM-6PM, Sunday Noon-6PM
Fee: $10 per person (2 years old and younger are free) & $3 for pumpkins
Old Baker Farm
Old Baker Farm is a historic marker homesteaded over 200 years ago! The farm withstood the perils of the Civil War and remains today a traditional family farm, growing all kinds of crops, including pumpkins! Today, the Old Baker Farm is run by the fourth generation family member Jerry Baker and his wife Pam. Each October, they invite the public to join them and learn what life is all about on a real working farm!
Get ready to enjoy days worth of fun fall activities with the family on the farm (that's a mouthful) with a petting zoo, corn maze, and a hayride to go pick out the perfect pumpkin!
Location: 1041 Farmingdale Rd, Harpersville, AL 35078
Hours: Open until October 31st: Weekdays 3PM to 5PM, Saturday 9AM to 5PM, Sunday 1PM to 5PM
Fee: $10 per person ($1 charge per person for cards), children under 1 are free. *Fee includes pumpkin and all events except food, arts & crafts, and horseback rides
This fourth generation family-owned and operated farm is 100 acres of fruits and vegetables with a family fun pumpkin patch in the fall. Only having started the pumpkin patch in 2016, they continue to grow every year bringing new and fun activities for everyone. Penton Farms is perfect for a day of family fun, spontaneous photoshoot, or even just to pick out the perfect pumpkin for the fall season!
- Corn pit with slides
- Wagon rides
- Super slides
- Tricycle track
- Human hamster wheel
- Tractor tire playground
- AND MORE!
Be sure to checkout the haybales that are decorated and dressed up every year! Definitely worthy of some cherished pictures!
Location: 3595 County Road 59 Verbena, AL 36091
Hours: Open until October 31st: Weekdays 12pm to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 6pm, Sunday CLOSED
Fee: $10 per person 2 & up
This family owned farm nestled between Chelsea and Harpersville is limited due to COVID-19. Teshua Farms pumpkin patch and goat yoga sessions are pre-booked groups only. However, on October 24th, between 1pm & 6pm, Teshua Farms will be having a pumpkin patch! It's open for reservation, so bring your family (and a camera) and enjoy an outdoor paradise set for fall!
Location: 3922 Westover Rd Westover, AL 35147
Hours: Limited to reservation. Oct. 24th Pumpkin Patch: 1pm to 6pm
Fee: $10 per person
*Be safe and check location guidelines regarding COVID-19 before-hand
*Bring cash in case vendors inside the farms do not take card
Be sure to tag @abouttownmag in all your fun and festive pics!