It’s the busiest time of year, which many of us use as a carte blanche pass to eat without restriction. FitFive can help with that, offering pre-made, healthy, and – most importantly – delicious meals to help us eat well this holiday season, never sacrificing flavor or quality. We sat down with FitFive founder Paul Shunnarah and owner Brock Warren to dig into how to keep our wits about us with food this holiday season and beyond.
Everyone is so busy now. How can I make my eating habits healthy and my meals easy?
FitFive can make your life easier when it comes to prep. We offer pre-made, healthy, affordable, tasty meals with the nutrition facts listed. We take the headache out of it for you. We take out all of the guesswork – we make it easy on our customers to not have to worry about cooking, cleaning, and prepping. After a long day, customers can simply just heat the meal and dinner is served.
Would it be easier to just wait until the first of the year?
Holidays present us all with difficult decisions when it comes to our diets. If you start watching what you eat now, it will make the new year much easier for you. Over the holidays you should limit sweets, try and eat more greens and vegetables than casseroles and breads, and try to take a walk at least once a day. You can start by slowly making changes in your diet. Instead of starting out cold turkey, slowly make the small changes that help you attain a healthy lifestyle.
How much of your health starts in the kitchen?
You are what you eat. Your body is a straight reflection of what you put in it, so make sure you are choosing wisely! I fundamentally believe that good health starts in our kitchens and that our children are only as picky as the options available to them. Growing research and evidence support the fact that food helps fight diseases. Nutrition plays a major role in the prevention, treatment, and cure of most diseases and sickness. The vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants found in our food are the front-line defense against allergies, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart diseases, and most chronic illnesses. You can’t outwork a bad diet.
What can FitFive do for my nutrition and wellness needs?
We have made healthy eating fun, easy, and, most of all, TASTY! By mixing up the menus weekly we keep the variety and make dieting much easier. Most restaurants don’t portion control their food. They are looking for what tastes the best and costs the least. We are focused on providing healthy and tasty food for our customers. What makes diets so hard is that they restrict so many things. We try to simply avoid processed foods and really focus on portion control as well as something that you enjoy.
Tips to Deal with Temptations
- Eat close to your usual times to keep your blood sugar steady. If your meal is served later than normal, eat a small snack at your usual mealtime and eat a little less when dinner is served.
- Invited to a party? Offer to bring a healthy dish along.
- Plan, plan, plan. Set yourself up for success. Meal prep at home or use a company like Fit Five.
- If you have a sweet treat, cut back on other carbs (like potatoes and bread) during the meal.
- Don’t skip meals to save up for a feast. It will be harder to manage your blood sugar, and you’ll be really hungry and more likely to overeat.
- If you slip up, get right back to healthy eating with your next meal.
- Just get started. Stop overthinking how to make the change. Just make a few changes every week that exhibit good healthy behavior, and consistency will come into play.
For more information about Fit Five Meals or to order meals, visit fitfivemeals.com. You can also follow them on Instagram @thefitfivemeals or on Facebook @fitfivemeals.